There are two levels of Membership, Silver and Gold. For an annual subscription, the member and their spouse or partner enjoy the following benefits:
American Friend Gold
Annual subscription from $5000 ($771 of which is not tax deductible). All the benefits of an American Friend Silver, plus the following:
- Travel with the V&A: an invitation to join exclusive curator-led trips
- Private social events in the US including the AFV&A Dinner
- Additional opening parties at the V&A in London
- Invitations to V&A exhibition openings around the world
- One V&A book of your choice from the V&A publications catalogue
American Friend Silver
Annual subscription from $1000+ ($361 of which is not tax deductible).
- Access to the V&A collections and curators
- Selected invitations to:
- V&A touring exhibitions in the US
- seminars and lectures in the US and the UK
- opening parties at the V&A in London
- Free admission to V&A exhibitions in London
- Discount in the V&A Shop and Café
- Subscription to the V&A Magazine
Travel with the V&A
Gold members are invited to join other V&A supporters on exclusive cultural tours of private and royal collections around the world. These curator led trips include places not normally accessible to the public, accompanied by the expertise of the world’s leading scholars.
Participants are given the opportunity to meet leading cultural figures and other patrons of the arts in the host country, and at the same time help the V&A to reinforce its international relationships.
Past tours have included India, Rome and Palermo, Istanbul, Paris, Venice, Japan, Andalusia, Syria, Moscow/St Petersburg, China, Dresden, India’s Deccan, Lisbon and Burma.